The hardest part of starting up a new online business is taking the first step. With the multitude of items required to prep, set up a website, write posts, drive traffic, SEO, and any number of tech issues you'll encounter along the way, it's a daunting task.
That's why it's great to read, short case studies like the one below, on how a company got over 150K pageviews in just it's second month. They followed the ever-popular content marketing strategy and monetized their site just using ads! (Sound familiar?)
It's another incredibly story about leveraging the power of other social media outlets to drive massive visitors and traffic discovered over at the smart folks at chasingfoxes.com.
This social media site is great in that it’s basically a visual search engine; once a person finds a pin (a picture) that they like (such as a recipe or a helpful tip), all they have to do then is click on it, which will enlarge the picture, then click again and they’ll be taken to the site.
And unlike Facebook where you have to pay for ads if you want to get any viewers at all, Pinterest is all about organic reach (organic meaning not paid, people just simply finding your site through search or shares). And once it’s out there and getting pinned (shared), it doesn’t stop. With Facebook, once you create a post and put it out there, it may be seen for a day or two, but unless it’s widely popular (like this..), it’ll be out of sight and out of mind pretty quickly.
Group boards on Pinterest are also the main key to getting a lot of viewers. For those of you who don’t know, when you have a Pinterest account, you can get onto “group boards,” This is where someone who owns a specific board invites you to join and pin on their board. So basically any pins you have will get in front of their audience.
So let’s say you ask someone (through their provided email or contact on their site) to join their group board, and they have over 100k followers, then BAM, your pins are going to be seen by the fair majority of their followers (sadly not allof their followers will see you.. because getting sick or work or crazy relatives visiting happens).
Hit The Pain Points and Exceed Expectations
When we started to create content we did a couple of things. First, we hit people’s pain points: places where we knew they needed help. We noticed that a lot of bloggers out there would create content that nobody read because well.. it didn’t hit a pain point. I honestly don’t need to know how to be a dog whisperer (although that could be cool..).
In short, create content that speaks to problems that people want fixed now. You don’t have to do this all the time, but just remember that you want the amazing 20% (pins that bring in a lot of traffic) that’ll bring them to the rest of your great 80% (the awesome content on your blog).
Second, we looked for posts whose titles over promised and under delivered. Then we took their subject (with no copying of course) and over delivered in all of the areas they missed. We exceeded the expectations of our readers with content that genuinely helped them out.
Curating is Key
Speaking of quality content, curated posts are a great way to get eyes on your site. For those of you who don’t know what curation is, you find amazing content that other bloggers (ones you admire preferably) have done, and you compile them into an informational post. You reference them and the work they’ve done, and suddenly you have a great post that helps your readers find “10 Amazing Pizza Recipes for a Busy Night” or “5 Quick and Awesome Clothing Hacks.”
The blog in question Chasingfoxes.com is the website that got those 150K+ pageviews in their second month. See this whole post and the blog for yourself here –> chasingfoxes.com
So now you, fellow marketer, have another angle to draw up ideas for when you begin your journey to create your own business. This should definitely help make it easier.
Thanks for stopping by!
Discover the easy way to create brilliant content designed to attract the perfect audience & get them to buy from you over and over again. Not only is this easy, but it can be done in 7 minutes flat! See it for yourself, it's free:
Join our CEO, Bill McIntosh, for this free live online training session where he'll reveal how you can apply a very simple, but powerful strategy that brings you incredibly lucrative & precisely targeted Facebook traffic for as little at $.01 per click! This is the kind of traffic that will buy from you like crazy:
Join us for free & every week we'll send you premium marketing tactics that will grow your business. Your first free download will be the Ingeniosity Traffic Blueprint. When you download it, you'll discover a simple way to enlighten, entertain & educate your prospects. Not only will they love you for it… but you'll have more online exposure, traffic & sales than ever before: