these are so easy you can implement these techniques today…watch your email marketing success go up!
Email marketing is a must have and your open rate makes all the difference. Just like a blog post the title or subject is the most important part on whether someone clicks or not. So what are they key points? Do you use ALL CAPS or do you use exclamation points? Or perhaps you send them at different times of the day or week or even segment your list?
In this informative article by startup teamwave.com they share a list of 80 and we picked our favorite 15:
Emails marketing is something which is used by almost any kind of business – right from freelancers, local dentists to established MNCs. With time it has become very difficult to actually get the emails read, especially when every other business, family and friends are bombarding people with emails. Now let’s just remind ourselves that whenever we send an email, the very first thing that a potential customer will see is the subject line. So the trick lies in writing a compelling a subject line to get the maximum number of audiences to open the emails. The best email subject lines have at least one of the following elements:
cater to the personal interest of the recipient
challenge conventional wisdom
deliver latest news
show validation by other people
They start off by introing the core components of email marketing which makes a lot of sense. Now here are some of the cool ways to use that:
-The “What I did” Email
- Formula: What I did to [Result]
- Example: What I Did to Grow My Email List to 200k in Just 2 Weeks
– The “Have You” Email
- Formula: Have you [Action] [Product]?
- Example: Have You Seen The Doormat That People Are Dying to Buy?
Have You Tried the KeyWord Tool That Has Become a Rage Among Marketers?
-The Discount Coupon Email
- Formula: Use Coupon [Code] to Get [Offer]?
- Example: Use Coupon MAYHEM to Get 40% Discount on Everything!
Everyone likes a deal!!
-The Suggestion Seeker Email
- Formula: Do you have any inputs on [X]
- Example: Do you have inputs on Application of Analytics in HR Transformation?
-The Last Chance Email
- Formula: Last chance to get [Offer]
- Example: Last chance to get 50% cashback on FRESH ARRIVALS
And this can be a deal with a time expiration!
-The Pre-requisite Email
- Formula: Read This Before [X]
- Example: Read This Before You Implement a CRM
10 Things to Know Before Pricing Your Subscription Business
-The Relationship-building Email
- Formula: [Greeting] [First name] [Company] wishes you [Greeting]
- Example: Happy Anniversary Jake – Surprise Inside
MCentral Wishes You a Happy Birthday!
-The Reminder Email
Formula: Remember – You Have [Amount] at [Retailer]!
Example: Remember – You Have $50 Store Credit at GamingCentral!
-The Expiry Email
- Formula: Your [X] will expire soon
- Example: Your PeopleGraph Account will Expire Soon
-The Round-up Email
- Formula: Best of [Company Name]: [topic]
- Example: Best of StartupJunkie: The Top 10 Posts That Make Us Proud
-The Pro/Jedi/Ninja Mail
- Formula: [Action] like a [X] Pro/Jedi/Ninja
- Example: Generate Leads like a Sales Ninja
-The Zero To Hero Email
- Formula: From [Lower State] To [Higher State]
- Example: This Immigrant Factory Worker is Now a King of Manufacturing
-The Old Way Email
- Formula: [Topic]: Still Handling the Old Way?
- Example: Customer Support: Still Handling the Old Way?
-The Fight Email
- Formula: The Fight Against [Negative Element]
- Example: The Fight Against Bad Designing Practices
-The Inside Email
Formula: Inside: [Point of the Mail]
Example: Inside: 51 Findings from Our SaaS Benchmarking Survey
Basically email marketing with these techniques will put you way ahead of your competitors. Most people just send “new blog post” or whatever. If you put this type of experience behind your email marketing you should get a way higher open rate. And in this process use your common sense and you should be good.
you can read their full list of 80 here.
Discover the easy way to create brilliant content designed to attract the perfect audience & get them to buy from you over and over again. Not only is this easy, but it can be done in 7 minutes flat! See it for yourself, it’s free:
Join our CEO, Bill McIntosh, for this free live online training session where he’ll reveal how you can apply a very simple, but powerful strategy that brings you incredibly lucrative & precisely targeted Facebook traffic for as little at $.01 per click! This is the kind of traffic that will buy from you like crazy:
Join us for free & every week we’ll send you premium marketing tactics that will grow your business. Your first free download will be the Ingeniosity Traffic Blueprint. When you download it, you’ll discover a simple way to enlighten, entertain & educate your prospects. Not only will they love you for it… but you’ll have more online exposure, traffic & sales than ever before: